Part of a series of coastal motives inspired by the rocky landscapes found around the coast of Norway but not a specific location. I wanted this to be somewhere in between figurative and abstract. The abstraction is enhanced with the size of the print and the graphic patterns and shapes dissolve up close but from a distance the depiction is clear. I am inspired by early century social realism and manual labour. This is a hand carved linocut plate measuring 21x28cm, inked and printed by hand in a small edition on 35x45cm cotton paper, signed and numbered.
- These prints are made using hand carved linoleum blocks.
- Edition of 20 on Hahnemuhle cotton paper 150g.
- Strictly limited to 50 prints on various papers.
- Printed with a hand-operated etching press by the artist.
- Each print is hand made and unique - color density and details will vary.